Dentures are usually thought of as a last resort when it comes to replacing missing teeth. Traditionally associated with older patients and a less than ideal fit, dentures have evolved with the times to offer a comfortable, natural looking, and stable smile restoration option for all patients, regardless of whether they identify as a Baby Boomer or Gen Xer.
Get a New Smile With Dentures in Macon
Although traditionally thought of as a disease of aging, periodontal (gum) disease, one of the most common causes of tooth loss, can (and does) affect men and women of all ages. In fact, gum disease and the resulting tooth loss in the absence of proper oral hygiene care can strike people as young as the 30s and 40s. Another common cause of tooth loss is traumatic impact from a car accident, fall, or sports injury, which can also happen at any age and tends to be common among younger patients.
The dentists at Macon, GA-based Northside Family Dentistry recommend dentures for a number of situations:
- As a temporary solution after sudden tooth loss or extractions until the gums heal and are ready to transition to a permanent procedure like dental implants
- As an alternative to bridgework to replace a few missing teeth
- To replace an entire row of missing teeth on the upper or lower jaw
- When all teeth need to be replaced
Just like every face and set of teeth are unique, dentures are custom made to match the look and feel of the natural teeth as closely as possible, and there are different types of dentures for every situation. Northside Family Dentistry in Macon offers several varieties of full and partial dentures including:
- Immediate dentures
- Conventional full dentures
- Implant-supported overdentures
- Transitional partial dentures
- Removable partial dentures
Find a Dentist in Macon, GA
Tooth loss is sometimes inevitable, but living with missing teeth and an incomplete smile is optional. For more information on modern dentures and to find the style that is right for you, contact Northside Family Dentistry by calling (478) 475-1976 to schedule an appointment today.