Could you be the ideal candidate for this long-term tooth replacement?
Your dentists Drs. Clinton Watson and Nicole Jackson has been helping Macon, GA patients get brand new smiles with the help of dental implants. These small titanium posts are placed in the jawbone to become a permanent foundation to hold dental restorations like crowns, bridges or implants. If you are dealing with tooth loss then implants could be the best option for you. Find out what this treatment entails and what makes someone a good candidate for implants.
Candidate Factors to Consider Before Getting Implants
Many of our patients can enjoy gorgeous new smiles and a renewed quality of life when they get dental implants in Macon. To be the best candidate for this dental restoration you should,
- Be missing one or more teeth (or need to have a tooth extracted).
- Not be a heavy smoker or drinker. Talk to your Macon dentist about whether you could get dental implants if you quit smoking and drinking before and after your implant surgery.
- Be in good health. This means that you shouldn’t be dealing with gum disease, or chronic or immune-suppressing disorders like diabetes, which can cause complications and lengthen your recovery times between surgeries.
- Be able to receive anesthesia and be comfortable with undergoing oral surgery.
- Have enough healthy jawbone to successfully insert the implant. Those with significant bone loss may have to undergo another procedure like bone grafting prior to placing the implant so that the bone is healthy enough.
- Be ready to properly care for your smile and your new implant so that it truly lasts a long time.
Call Northside Family Dentistry today to book your implant consultation. We want to give you the perfect smile!