Oral Cancer Screening in Macon, GA
Oral cancer not only can destroy your smile but can also be deadly. But when detected early enough, it is easily treatable. Our dentist and team offer oral cancer screenings in Macon, Georgia, using VELscope® technology. This system employs a blue light that allows Dr. Clinton M. Watson to locate potential problems before they become visible to the unaided eye. To make an oral cancer screening a part of your next visit to Northside Family Dentistry, call 478-475-1976 today.
The Following Are Common Symptoms of Oral Cancer
- A persistent sore throat or feeling that something is caught at the back of the throat
- Unexplained bleeding in the mouth
- A persistent or lasting sore on the face, neck, or mouth that bleeds easily and does not heal within two weeks
- Unexplained loss of feeling, pain, or numbness in the face, neck, or mouth
- Ear pain
- Lumps, bumps, or rough spots on the gums, lips, or other parts of the mouth
- Red, white, or speckled red-and-white patches in the mouth
- Difficulty chewing, speaking, or swallowing
- A change in the way your teeth or dentures fit together
While our team will perform a screening for oral cancer to check for these and other symptoms, we encourage you to contact us if you notice any of these problems or if you experience any other type of dental pain. We are committed to helping you stay in good health.
Schedule Your Consultation Today
Oral cancer includes cancers of the lips, tongue, floor of the mouth, cheeks, throat (pharynx), sinuses, and hard and soft palate. While oral cancer can usually be successfully treated when detected early, most cases of oral cancer are not detected until they have progressed into a more serious, advanced stage that is much more difficult to treat. In fact, oral cancer may be life-threatening. At our office, we are dedicated to doing all we can to detect and treat oral cancers and other abnormalities at the earliest possible stage. During your routine dental cleanings and exams at our office, our dentist and team will perform an oral cancer screening to check for the signs of oral cancer.
My daughter has been going for 3 years and we love the atmosphere and the love and kindness we receive every time we walk in the door!
What a great dental group! If you have any fears of the dentist, this is the place to come to. Everyone is so nice and caring, very helpful and they do great work on your teeth!
Dr. Watson and his staff have provided excellent and compassionate care for my family and I. I highly recommend this practice!